Wednesday, August 5, 2015

ENAMEL LOSS

What the heck is enamel, anyways?  Enamel is the thin, translucent, hard outer layer of the teeth that protects them from the daily stress of chewing, biting and grinding; temperature of hot and cold foods and drinks; and erosive acids.  Despite being the strongest material in your body, a variety of factors can cause enamel erosion or loss of enamel.  Loss of enamel increases teeth sensitivity, exposes stains on teeth, increases vulnerability to cavities and decay, and creates rough and irregular teeth edges and dents on teeth surfaces.

Enamel loss is primarily caused by erosive acids that wear away enamel over time.  Excessive consumption of soft drinks, which contain high amounts of phosphoric and citric acids, and other acidic drinks and foods such as fruit drinks and sour foods or candies, is the leading cause of acid-related enamel loss.  Coke, for example, contains citric and phosphoric acids.  Frequent consumption of medicines and supplements containing high acid content, including aspirin, antihistamines and vitamin C supplements also cause enamel loss.

Environmental factors in the mouth, or the physical wear and tear from daily friction and stress on the teeth, are another contributing factor of enamel loss.  Environmental causes of enamel loss include friction from clenching or grinding your teeth, especially during sleep, and wear and tear from brushing your teeth too hard, improper flossing, biting hard objects or chewing tobacco.

Low saliva production is also another cause of enamel loss.  Saliva strengthens both your teeth and their enamel by coating them with calcium and other strengthening minerals.  Saliva also protects against enamel loss by diluting and washing away erosive acids and other wastes left over from foods and drinks and also by producing substances that fight against mouth bacteria and disease that can cause enamel loss.  While a healthy amount of saliva production can protect enamel from erosive effects of acidic foods and drinks, excessive consumption of acidic foods and drinks decreases saliva production and saliva's ability to strengthen teeth and enamel.  Excessive plaque can also contribute to enamel loss, so regular brushing, flossing, dental checkups and cleanings are essential!!!  Toothpastes with fluoride in them can strengthen and remineralize slight to moderate enamel breakdown; a great way to protect your enamel!

7 Comments:

At December 28, 2018 at 1:39 AM , Blogger Amy Watson said...

Your smile is important and the health of your teeth has an impact on your overall health. That's why we are providing the best dental treatment at a good price. Dental Discount Plans New York

 
At January 28, 2019 at 5:43 AM , Blogger Sonna Anderson said...

Its a pleasure for me to write this testimony about how i got my Genital Herpes cured a month ago. i have been reading so many comments of some people who were cured from various diseases by Dr .Agbonhale, but i never believed them. I was hurt and depressed so I was too curious and wanted to try Dr. Agbonhale , then i contacted him through his email when i contact him, he assured me 100% that he will heal me, i pleaded with him to help me out. My treatment was a great success, he healed me just as he promised. he sent me his medication and ask me to go for check up after one weeks of taking the medication. i agreed with him i took this medication and went for check up a , to my greatest surprise my result was negative after the treatment, i am really happy that i am cured and healthy again. I have waited for 3weeks to be very sure i was completely healed before writing this testimony. I did another blood test one week ago and it was still Herpes negative. so i guess its time i recommend anyone going through Herpes HSV-1 or HSV-2, HIV, HPV, Hepatitis B, Diabetes, Cancer reach him through Email dragbonhaleherbalhome@gmail.com OR add on whatsapp +2349073130326.

 
At April 5, 2019 at 8:34 AM , Blogger Mabel Garcia said...

How does this actually repair tooth enamel? It looks more like it's tooth enamel loss.

 
At June 14, 2019 at 4:50 PM , Blogger monika love said...

I has suffered for Human papillomavirus HPV) for 2years, I was given some tablets at the hospital but I refused to take it, They said I have to be on it for life so I don't want take a drugs everyday for life. No point in taking medicine everyday when u won't get cure from it and I was advice to seek for natural herbal cure, after some time I found dr onokun is the most trustful herbalist that have herbs to cure wicked symptom's,I emailed dr onokun, for 2weeks been his patient he cured my (HPV) with his herbal. I only used his natural herbs for two weeks it was 100% cure. I'm not (HPV) patient anymore. I'm happy about it i finally got cured out of this mess been in my body for 2years. I also recommend you if you're living with (HPV) or herpes symptoms i also want you to be free contact dr onokun with the email attach to my post. dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com

 
At July 5, 2019 at 6:44 AM , Blogger sophia lee said...

Hi Friends i am so glad to writing this article today to tell the world how Dr Emmanuel cured my HSV VIRUS,i have been detected with HSV-1 AND HSV-2 since five years ago, ever since then my life has been in complete bizarre and agony,i have used so many drugs that was prescribed to me by several doctors,but it didn't cure my HSV VIRUS neither did it reduce the pain,until a certain i was checking for solution in the internet,then miraculously came across Dr Emmanuel the powerful herbalist that cure numerous individuals HSV-1 AND HSV-2 INFECTION,then i contacted his whatsApp number at +2348140073965 or email: nativehealthclinic@gmail.com i explained everything to him and prepared a cure that cure my HSV-1 AND HSV-2 disease totally after receiving his herbal medicine, so my friends viewers why wait and be suffer when there is someone like Dr Emmanuel that can cure any disease HIV/ CANCER/ HEPATITIS B VIRUS, you can contact his via : nativehealthclinic@gmail.com. or WHATSAPP +2348140073965 GOD BLESS YOU ALL?

 
At July 12, 2019 at 4:29 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I’ve been dealing with bad breath for years nothing seem working, I see my dentist every 3 months for cleanings,i brush and floss several times a day gum and mints do not help, tried all the bad breath products- pro-fresh, cloys, went to my doctor he told me to take a multivitamin. went to a couple of ent’s- prescribed me some nasal spray, even my brilliant dentist couldn’t help me, so I just gave up & tried to accept I would have bad breath forever, even though I brushed & flossed at least twice every day, so i suggested I try A herbal doctor call Dr.uwenbo, that i saw people testifying about his great work,I contacted him via (dr.uwenboherbalhome@gmail.com) he prepared the herbs immediately and sent it to me through UPS fast delivering services,After sticking to him for a couple of days as i was instructed my bad breath was totally cured permanently.He can as well cured the following diseases (Cold sore)(OLP)(Genital herpes)(Gum disease)( Phlegm) (Sore throath) (Mouth ulcer) (Bv) (Vaginal itching/Discharge) call/whatsapp +2349052309005 goodluck……

 
At July 16, 2019 at 8:18 PM , Blogger ABULU said...

Hello everyone. I was heartbroken because i had very small penis, not nice to satisfy a woman, i had so many relationship called off because of my situation, i have used so many product which i found online but none could offer me the help i searched for. i saw some few comments about this doctor called Dr omohan and I decided to email him on: dromohanherbalmedicine@gmail.com so decided to give his herbal product a try. i emailed him and he got back to me, he gave me some comforting words with his herbal cream for Penis Enlargement, Within 1 week of it, i began to feel the enlargement of my penis, " and now it just 2 weeks of using his products my penis is about 9 inches longer and strong. I'm so happy..feel free to contact Dr omohan on his Email: dromohanherbalmedicine@gmail.com or you can call or what-app him +2348164816038 DOCTOR OMOHAN CAN AS WELL HELP THE FOLLOWING PROBLEMS
1. HIV/AIDS SPELL
2. HERPES SPELL
3. CANCER SPELL
4 IF YOU WANT YOUR EX LOVER BACK SPELL
5 IF YOU NEED A BABY SPELLhim to solve
6 LOW SPERM COUNT SPELL
get all your problem solve.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home